Thank you for visiting the European Alternative Fuels Observatory!
- The EAFO website has gone live but is still under construction as additional FEV and data concerning hydrogen and natural gas will become available in the course of 2016.
- Please read the sections “Vehicles, Glossary and FAQ” to get a good understanding of the data presented.
- The EAFO website is a shared effort of the Member States, other countries and partners. If you have information to share or comments on presented data, please contact the EAFO team.
- EAFO is a "for stakeholders by stakeholders" website and your help is welcome to make it better!
Please consider the following aspects when visiting the website:
- www.eafo.eu is an European Commission funded initiative which provides open and free information, amongst others to support Member States with the implementation of EU Directive 2014/94 on the deployment of alternative fuels infrastructure.
- Targeted alternative fuels are electricity, hydrogen and natural gas (both liquefied and compressed).
- The geographical scope consists of all EU Member States + EFTA members + Turkey (33 countries in total, “Europe” in EAFO definition).
- The Observatory will integrate relevant data, information, news items, newsletters and other publications.
- The EAFO focusses on national level data and information but will also cover specific regions and cities based on data availability.
- The update frequency for the statistics: monthly for passenger cars; quarterly for all other vehicles and infrastructures (if data available); legislation & incentives will be updated upon changes.
- News items, information on events, background information, new reports are worth a daily visit of course :)